Sign in to follow this  
Siwash

AZ to MT Archery Elk Logistics

DIY....I would drive and have all my hunting gear and a good truck with me. I hunted WY last year for 21 days and if I didn't have my truck and all my gear I would have had to call for help the first time it snowed. About 5 days into the hunt we got about a foot of snow. The elk changed their ways then.

But in that rig you have, gas will be less than what it cost me pulling my camper

Yes, not too far from Lewistown. At $4 a gallon I could get up there for less than $300 one way, probably less as *hopefully* fuel prices this fall will stay where they are now. I did check a flight from Mesa to Billings on Allegiant...less than $200 roundtrip. Hard to argue with that but as akaspecials pointed out I really need to research cargo/head costs, plus a truck rental, etc. because it might not really be cheaper when everything is said and done.

I drew the rifle tag in 700, right across the Musselshell from you! Pretty pumped, took me 8 points but I'm glad to get rid of my points so I can start drawing the archery tags every year after this. Does your buddy happen to know anything about elk in 700 by chance?