Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

George Jones

A little humor I read about George Jones.

George was very fond of hard booze. His wife used to hide his car keys so he couldn't go buy any. One day when she was gone, and he had no car keys, he jumped on his riding lawn mower and drove eight miles to the liquor store. took about 3 hours round trip.

Off topic but not really.....just got done reading a write up on Willie Nelson...

Willie came home late one night drunk and passed out on the bed.

His wife sewed him up in the top sheet, beat him with a broom and drove off with the kids..........

There is definitely alot of trouble for those who spend time in the limelight..................Willie turned 80 on the 30th of April......old fart....

I don't know of any entertainers that I want my grand children to look to as role models. That being said, George Jones was like many, if not all of us...a real life mixture of good and bad! Loved his music and vocal genius...Allan Jackson knocked it out of the park with his rendition of the classic, "He stopped loving her today", at Jones funeral!! Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Ray Price, and a handful of other classic country artists, are getting mighty long in the tooth. Would'nt walk across the street to hear any of the contemporary country artists...not even close to real country music!!!