Sign in to follow this  
sherman

US Remington 03-a3

My uncle asked me to see what I could find out how much this could be worth. It is an remington made 03-a3. Someone has tried to make it a sporting rifle the stock has been sanded down and and it is missing the trigger and bolt. Any feed back would be awsome and any offers will be passed along. Thanks

My uncle asked me to see what I could find out how much this could be worth. It is an remington made 03-a3. Someone has tried to make it a sporting rifle the stock has been sanded down and and it is missing the trigger and bolt. Any feed back would be awsome and any offers will be passed along. Thanks

Do you have any pics, what is the manufacture date, and what is the serial number? Can you tell if the remaining pieces are matching, ie is it a piece gun. All answers will effect the overall price.

X2 with Elkhunter. If the stock has been sanded down and the bolt and trigger are both missing, that will really hurt the overall value no matter what else. Feel free to PM me the serial number or even the first half and I can tell you the manufacture year. Depending on the year, Remington's early 1903-A3s were machined, but later, to speed up production, they were all stamped. Some later A3s also have a 2-groove rifled barrel. The stamped manufacturing and 2-groove barrels (down from the original 4-groove rifling) were all done to speed up manufacturing and get the rifles into soldiers' hands faster. It also has an affect on the value. Also, what year is the barrel? It should be stamped into the top of the barrel near the front sight.

I just recently picked up an original Springfield Armory 1903 from 1918 that was in almost mint condition. What I paid for it and what its worth are 2 different things, but as I was shopping, I saw a few beat up A3s that were in similar situations and they were selling for around $400 +/-.

If nothing else, you can put a sporterized stock on it, replace the bolt and trigger and have one helluva good shooting rifle!

I will see what I can get from him as far as pic. and such