Sign in to follow this  
Hancock7WSM

Backpack hunting

My buddy and I are really wanting to do a backpacking hunt this up coming year. We understand the planning that is required to have a successful hunt and we are both willing to put in the necessary effort. i guess my question to everyone here on the forum is: what unit/s would give us the best opportunity to have a successful hunt and why? I am not asking for your secret spot, but more units that would give us a good starting point as we begin our planning and research.. Thanks in advance.

27 is remote, big bucks, not a lot of roads. Scouting is key. How is your 7mm short mag? Just got one built.

32 and 27, find some place that looks good on the map and pack in for 2 or 3 days around end of Sep. first of Oct. for a scout trip. Water is the key, make sure you have a good source when it starts to dry out after monsoons. Them units have so much country that don't get touched.

Superstition 24B and Matazal 22 wilderness areas hold some nice bucks but you are on your own. If you put in the time behind the glass you can find some nice shooters. Its no secret though, there are a lot of hunters who put in time in those areas.