Sign in to follow this  
awatson

youth "hunt only" license question

I put my kids in for a jr. elk hunt, and specified the $15.00 Hunt Only license. They got rejected, because i didn't see the note saying "not available through draw", and I had mailed a check. Lesson learned.

Does anyone know if this license is acceptable to use to apply for a jr. hunt, through the draw? Through the draw they only give you the option to purchase the youth hunt-fish combo for $26.50. Does that mean that you must purchase a combo to apply for jr, hunts?

I called the main G&F number, and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, the woman couldn't even tell me if the $15.00 youth hunt license is acceptable to apply for the draw. She actually told me to ask the cashier at the sporting goods dept at Walmart!!

I am putting my daughters in for youth tags with youth licenses

Is this $15 youth hunt-only license only available at G&F offices? Big 5 doesn't sell them. They said it isn't listed as an option that is offered by retail outlets.

I bought my 10 year old a "Jr. Hunt Only" license and put her in for elk & antelope. She did not get drawn, but was not "rejected". She is now put in for deer too.

Yep, got it. It's all good for the draw, you just cannot purchase them through the draw process, like other normal licenses...for whatever brilliant reason.