Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30X50mm

I was poking around last night on another forum and came across these. I didn't know they were out there and was curious if anyone has looked through them and how crisp the glass is.

This is the first scope I have seen with such a wide range of magnification. I don't expect it to be in the class of the ultra high end scopes and it isn't cheap, although they do have some lower priced models.

I wouldn't use it to pound nails but the Bushnell's I have seen were rugged and without any problems.

If you have looked through one does the eye relief diminish when zoomed to the higher power? I can't see myself needing 30X in the field but it would be a plus when shooting from the bench at paper beyond 200 yards. Optics Planet has them, not that I'm endorsing them.

I have a 2.5-16 bushnell 6500 on an AR. Seemed like the ultimate calling scope for anything from 25 yard brush shots to long across canyon stuff. Seems to be ok, my only complaint is there is a LOT of edge distortion in mine. It starts much farther from the edge if the scope then most do, if say only the middle 50% of the scope is "flat" and anything past that gets curved bad.