Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

$25 Bucks

Went scouting this weekend with SunDevil and found 25 bucks from small spikes to a 100 incher, one Gila Monster and a above average rattler. Given all the bugs and wind we felt pretty good the weekend. We took many pictures...I will attempt to post mine later tonight.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Went scouting this weekend with SunDevil and found 25 bucks from small spikes to a 100 incher, one Gila Monster and a above average rattler. Given all the bugs and wind we felt pretty good the weekend. We took many pictures...I will attempt to post mine later tonight.

How was everyone else's weekend?

I had a great weekend :) Sat. mornin glassed the buck of my dreams....Killed a rattler with rocks/boulders and set my trail cam up on a bunch of bear tracks in the low country :) Sunday mornin same thang glassed more bucks and cant hardly believe I aint seen a single doe out and about in the last 4 trips out......All I keep seeing are bucks...with above average antlers. Anyone else notice the big boys down real low?

post-1361-1159245344.jpg

We saw more bucks than does as well. All the bucks were in bachelor herds and the does were all ones and twos. Hopefully this photo comes out. It was with two other deer we could see and one that we could not. My buddy tried to get close to take a picture and busted them out. That's when I saw the fourth one. It was the biggest - on the fly I'd say 100 +/- a couple inches.

Here is another pic of the same buck. This was taken with just the camera at about 200 yards. I have zoomed way in on it.

The breakdown was:

Friday pm = 7 bucks

Saturday am = 9 bucks

Saturday pm = 2 bucks

Sunday am = 7 bucks

2 of the bucks Saturday morning walked right up on me. I was glassing and all of a sudden I heard a noise, I looked to my right and there was a 2X3 at about 15 yards. He moved behind some bear grass so I stood up to look at him. He looked at me and bolted. I turned to look toward Scout'm and there was another 2X2 at about 25 yards. He took off down the hill letting out all kind of snorts.

Went for a bio break Saturday midday and had an up close and personal encounter with mr rattle snake. Man I do not like those things. He was all yellowish green like they get during the monsoon season.

Was a good weekend. Can't wait for the bugs to get zapped. CB

post-268-1159247538.jpg