Sign in to follow this  
parrita58

35B early Dec. draw questions?

Me and my brother where lucky to draw a early Dec tag for unit 35B. I have some concerns regarf8ng the wild fires we had south of patagonia laat month. Should I change my strategy for the hunt and keep away from the affected areas? Or will I be better off hunting around those areas? Do deer move far away from the affected area when fires occur or do they usually come back? Should I start from the north side of the unit and work my way down towards the border? We have always camped near the border in Washington camp and hunted all the washes and ridges there with minimum luck.

I might only be able to hunt 3or4 day's out of my hunt Window so any information regarding my questions are well appreciated. it might only be me and my brother going out this year so we really want to be smart about utilizing our time and hunt area. We are hoping to both harvest a deer but I'm mostly interested in my little brother to kill one,being he had never been able to kill a WT, this will be our 5th year going out and onlyi have killed a deer.

I wish the best of luck to everyone that drew a tag this season. Be smart and be safe when out in the wilderness. Happy hunting.

Mark

Howdy!!...heck no dont change your game plan!!....infact for some reason deer like the burn areas better!!...i live up in oracle and the years after the aspin fire there where alot of big bucks taken off the burnt areas! an you can also see them better!! and after all the rain the little green grass that grows after the rain is very attracting to them!!!.....dont change a thing!!!! :D ...happy hunting!!