COOSEFAN

Pic's of Moose Hunt

I finally got the camera to take stills from my video. Here is the pic's in order as they happened. The Bull came out of the Alders straight behind him and came straight at me until at about 60 yrds, he then turned left and my first shot was just in front of the right shoulder in the heart, three follow up shots were in a tight group behind the shoulder. My only regret, is that I didn't have my bow instead.....would have been easy........them beasts are HUGE and easy to fool when in the rut! FYI-- we are sitting in a thick stand of Alder brush with this small window, the pic's make it look like we are out in the open.

moosevid3.jpg

moosevid2kings.jpg

moosevid4.jpg

And this is where I looked back at my buddy Bret for the third time to make sure he was thinking the same as I that this bull was over 50". I then settled back in and took him right after this next photo. The second shot was broadside facing left and he then walked straight away, the third and fourth were facing left right after the last photo.

moosevid.jpg

moosevid5.jpg

The video is awesome and all the fog added to the moment! These animals are amazing and deserve alot of respect! I got the antlers finally and can't put them down, what a beast!

alas14-1.jpg

Very cool Jim B)

Are you doing a shoulder mount on that brute?

Very cool Jim B)

Are you doing a shoulder mount on that brute?

Thanks. Yeah I was actually looking through a catalog tonight at my buddy's house trying to decide on what form to go with for the mount. His front browtines are his strong point so I was thinking a semi-sneak form to show them off, maybe with a left turn to throw the biggest brow-palm out toward the room? I just paid off my taxi debt a few months ago and waiting on a lifesize Javalina, Fox and three Coues shoulder mounts.......Now I'm WAY back into debt again! Thats a good kind of debt I guess? :huh:

Nice sequence that is really cool. Congrats on such a fine animal. One of these days I'll make it up there.

Guest Ernesto C

Jim, when I grow up I want to be like you................you are the man.My hat off for you....God bless you more.

Nice moose Jimmy. As long as you keep hunting, Bret is always going to have a job doing your mounts. He is going to be busy this year. David

That sounds and looks like a hunt of a lifetime! Great moose.

That has to be a hunt of a life time but what i want to know is how much did it cost you? If i could pick any hunt i think it would either be moose or grizzly.

That has to be a hunt of a life time but what i want to know is how much did it cost you? If i could pick any hunt i think it would either be moose or grizzly.

I don't know if I would call it the hunt of a lifetime....with all the negative experiences we dealt with, I think to ultimately still harvest a Moose, it became my biggest accomplishment more than anything. It was an experience I will never forget thats for sure! The hunt was supposed to be under $5,000.00 all said and done, but I didn't have the right clothes and gear for that type of hunt, so it cost a bit more after shopping for the hunt. Shipping the entire Moose home cost alot more than I expected as well! I think my dream hunt would be a combo hunt in Old Mexico taking a huge non-typical Muley AND a huge non-typical Coues! :rolleyes: I can't afford that one though! :angry: Thanks, JIM>