Sign in to follow this  
ROMOCASADOR

4A bulls

I have a late rifle bull tag in 4A for the second year in a row. Headed up this weekend to do a little scouting.

I have a late rifle bull tag in 4A for the second year in a row

How was the that tag last year? Did you fill the tag?

I was up last weekend to check some cams I put up 3 weeks ago. Got some good bulls on cams already elk have good antler growth and nice mass looking healthy this year! Can't wait for september

I have a late rifle bull tag in 4A for the second year in a row

How was the that tag last year? Did you fill the tag?

I wasn't able to fill my tag last year. Found lots of nice bulls on almost every scouting trip but during the hunt I only saw two bulls bedded down together on opening morning. Looking back I should have taken the shot but I was only two hours into the hunt and the bulls were not what I was looking for on opening morning... but they were the only bulls I saw the entire hunt. I spent most of the hunt in the western half of the unit. Haven't yet decided where I'll hunt this year. Hopefully I can find a few decent new spots to try.

Let me know how the trip went there rph

The trip was a quick one, shortened by lots of rain and a problem with my quad. But, I did see several groups of elk on the drive in Friday night... hard to bull/cow as they were off the road a ways and the spotlight didn't get to them very well. On Saturday I did some hiking and bumped a few elk but it was thick and again never really could tell if the elk were bulls or cows. I did come across two 5 point sheds, so that was fun for my son to see, he thought it was great even though they are not very big!

There is water everywhere up there right now, there is standing water in every little depression. What are other 4A tag holders seeing up there?

My dad had had 7 tags at camp up in 4a for the late rifle hunt last year and they took down 6 bulls. The average was around 250 to 280 one went just over 300 and my dads went 344. I'd post the pic of my dads bull but I'm not that "computer smart" and the back drop of the pic is a dead give away to his honey hole. I'll To figure it out this evening when I get off work and if

So I'll post it here.

• Like 1