Well i was visiting a cousin, we got to talking about whitetail and he said to come with him to the garage and check out a deer mount an uncle of ours had. Well this is what he had to show me. He killed this whitetail in southeastern az in the late 80's or early 90's. later on in the years he gave it his brother and now it sits in a garage. :blink: :angry: :blink:

different angles

another one

and another one

more

more

and some more

last one

post-610-1160245260.jpg

post-610-1160245320.jpg

post-610-1160245383.jpg

post-610-1160245428.jpg

post-610-1160245449.jpg

post-610-1160245509.jpg

post-610-1160245552.jpg

post-610-1160245582.jpg

Man that thing is Unreal. WOW that is all i can think to say. And i hope he lets you take it to Amanda or someone to have it measured out.

WOW, WOW :o

That buck is AWESOME. Need more details, Unit, score, has it been entered in B&C etc.............

Thanks for posting and I hope you are going to rescue that BRUTE from the garage so that he is given the respect he deserves.

I know it was unit 27. i have to talk to my uncle when he comes back into town. i know my cousin had already asked him for the mount or to buy it from him but he declined. i don't know why it sits in the garage though.

I know it was unit 27. i have to talk to my uncle when he comes back into town. i know my cousin had already asked him for the mount or to buy it from him but he declined. i don't know why it sits in the garage though.

Man I love freaks. Beauty-full. Get the story from your uncle and please post it.

the garage is no place for a buck like that

What a knarley beast! That buck has some character for sure. From unit 27 eh? Did not know they had a nuke waste dump out there?

Thanks for posting the awesome shots

Awsome buck! I'll be looking for something similar when I hunt this November.

In the last picture, I see some more antlers hanging on the wall. Any of them worth mentioning?

Now that is awesome! You gotta save that beast from rotting out there in the garage! JIM>

That buck has alot of character to him, i think that the garage is no place for that buck to be either!!! How long ago was the buck killed? He is fine and dandy!!!

what a waste spend the time and money to have it mounted and then hang it in the garage. on the other hand we dont know the whole story and i have a feeling it includes a wifes(aunt) point of view..........either way its an killer buck i totally dig the drop

Well i got a little information from my cousin. He had asked his dad about the deer. I had the dates all wrong. the deer was killed in 1965 and back then in only cost him 60 dollars to have the deer mounted. While they were hunting my uncle had to go to the bathroom so he walked off aways from the group of brothers to go behind a bush. While he was doing his business the brother yelled theres a buck up the mountain. My uncle then stood up with his pants down and shot the buck. One shot is all it took and my uncle went back to finish his business. great story huh! back then all my uncles (brothers) went hunting together. Now they are getting up in age and don't really hunt. My uncle had the deer mounted in tucson while he lived there. he then moved to new mexico and left the deer at the taxidermist. 5 years later he moved back to tucson. After being in tucson a couple of months he remembered the deer and went to the taxidermist to see if he still had it. Well needless to say he still had it. Nowadays it lives in a garage. the picture really doesn't do it justice. we counted 21 points on the buck.

What is it with finding monster bucks while going to the bathroom! Reminds me of the story of a big non-typical killed several years ago. I need to drink more water while hunting!

THAT is why i ALWAYS take my gun with me no matter what! had a buddy kill a nice 5x5 in colorado with his pants still down, and another buddy killed a fork muley with his pants down too!