Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Anyone going through Glenwood NM for Tucson?

I purchased a box of 8 gauge shells in Glenwood NM. The seller does not want to ship. I am looking for someone traveling to from Glenwood to Tucson. I will kick in some gas money if you can pick up.

Phil 520-975-0830

Not sure how soon you need them but I'll be going through there labor day weekend and can pick them up. I'm in Safford but can get them to Benson for you the weekend after labor day??

Phil, I have a house in Glenwood, I will be up there next weekend most likely. If you don't have a better or faster option I will be more than happy to pick them up for you and bring them back here to Tucson.

PackerMenges, this would be great. Please give me a call and we can discuss the details. RSTAHl, thank you also for the offer. Yotebuster, unfortunately dove are migratory and the Feds say you can not use an 8 gauge on them. I worked with the AZ game and Fish over about 2 1/2 years to get the ban lifted on the use of shotguns greater than a 10 gauge. On July 1st this year article three changes came into effect and now there are no bore restrictions. I will hunt fall turkey this year in AZ I shot turkey in New Mexico this spring. As well as a Coyote shot on July 1 in AZ the day the 8 gauge could be legally used. I currently own 2 8 gauge’s a Parker and a W C Scott and Son. These shells I bought in Glenwood are Vintage and will not be shot. Hand loading is the only way to get shells to shoot.

/>PackerMenges, this would be great. Please give me a call and we can discuss the details. RSTAHl, thank you also for the offer. Yotebuster, unfortunately dove are migratory and the Feds say you can not use an 8 gauge on them. I worked with the AZ game and Fish over about 2 1/2 years to get the ban lifted on the use of shotguns greater than a 10 gauge. On July 1st this year article three changes came into effect and now there are no bore restrictions. I will hunt fall turkey this year in AZ I shot turkey in New Mexico this spring. As well as a Coyote shot on July 1 in AZ the day the 8 gauge could be legally used. I currently own 2 8 gauges a Parker and a W C Scott and Son. These shells I bought in Glenwood are Vintage and will not be shot. Hand loading is the only way to get shells to shoot.

Very cool!!! So does that mean they are now legal for waterfowl in the US?

Unfortunately we still can not use an 8 gauge for migratory birds. The feds govern that. In AZ you can now use it on everything that is not migratory with the exception of Buffalo.

PackerMenges, I sent you a PM but you may not have received it. Will you still be going to Glenwood this weekend?

Thanks Phil