Sign in to follow this  
lovinthehunt

11m archery bull sept27\oct10

Have this bull tag this year. Have hunted most units around 11m . Ive been scouting a few places the past month going up scouting with a buddy in 6a also . I guess im getting at what are youre thoughts on this bull hunt ? Im just very happy to get to chase elk this.year either way !

Some big bulls in there. Get out early and listen for the bugle and keep moving. Thats a great hunt

Im kinda stuck on camp placment the unit is spread out and dont want to be in a dead spot when hunt starts limited on scouting time this year and also being the second hunt presure might change some things ?? Any input would be great thanks

This bull came out of 11m on his way to 6B, where I took this photo. Of course I had a cow tag that year. Thats not a bad place to start.

post-2759-0-52044300-1376524721_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Last year on the second hunt they were vocal the first couple days and the pressure shuts them down fast. Lots of hunters if you can scout away from people the bulls will move to those areas as the hunt unfolds. We did see some big bulls however.

Not suprised at all with it being a metro unit haha well thats the game plan just to find secluded areas that are holding elk n wack the first nice bull that i can get a arrow in! Thanks again for input