I was curious about something. In my scouting adventures I have stumbled across quite a bit of acorns. They are green right now though. Some about an inch long. Do you think the bears would be eating these, or would they wait until they were totally grown?

I was curious about something. In my scouting adventures I have stumbled across quite a bit of acorns. They are green right now though. Some about an inch long. Do you think the bears would be eating these, or would they wait until they were totally grown?

Those are actually baby pine-cones....its a common mistake.

Jk bears and deer will be ALL over those when they begin to ripen.....especially deer

• Like 1

Hahaha. The ones thatbi am seeing are green. Do they turn brown? I have never found acorns before, haha. They are on scrub oak.

/>Yep. Not much for prickly pear this year and a ton of acorns means fewer bears killed this year probably.

I would assume because it is just thicker country, so you cannot see them as easy?

They will eat them green, acorns look awesome. But the bears are in the acorns right now, hopefully saturday we will show you if luck is on our side. Found an old friend in the same canyon as last year, it's eating acorns

• Like 1

/>They will eat them green, acorns look awesome. But the bears are in the acorns right now, hopefully saturday we will show you if luck is on our side. Found an old friend in the same canyon as last year, it's eating acorns

Well, that is good to hear! Good luck to ya!!