BACKCOUNTRY

What a find!!

I found a huge WT shed this past weekend in the southeastern part of unit 33. I scored this left side shed and was astounded by the score, I re-scored the thing 3 time's now.

here's its numbers:

main beam: 17-4/8

G-1 4-2/8

G-2 9-3/8 these things are awesome

G-3 9-6/8 " " " " " " " "

H-1 3-6/8

H-2 4

H-3 4

H-4 2-6/8

TOTAL 55-3/8

Estimate of inside spread 12"

if this thing was symmetrical you could end up with a score of 134-3/8 !!! :rolleyes: that would put this toad at the number 2 position for all time Typical Coues Whitetail deer!!!

the shed looks to be a year or two old. I can only hope that this dude is still out there, or at least his off spring are.

I will try to get some photo's up soon.

LC.

VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!

Sounds like your dreams could possibly come true this season! Hopefully he hasn't been taken by a hunter or lion.

Treestandman,

Great buck! dang, over 9 inch G3's is special. If the deer is typical with 55 3/8 inches on the side you've measured and adding a 12 inch inside spread, wouldn't that put him at 122 6/8?

Yep Kirk, it would. What you did is added the spread and then muliplied it by two. Thats still one heck of a buck though!!!!

Guest Ernesto C

I got the feeling that we'll see some pictures really soon,right BACKCOUNTRY?

Blessings :ph34r:

Ernesto C.

Waiting........Waiting.........

:ph34r:

LC had a bit of trouble getting the pics posted, so he sent them to me and I am posting them here and in the Coues shed photogallery. Don't forget he gave the measurements for this buck earlier in this discussion thread.

lyle-calkins-shed-4.jpg

lyle-calkins-shed-3.jpg

lyle-calkins-shed-2.jpg

lyle-calkins-shed-1.jpg

Congrats on your great find Lyle!!

Amanda

Wow!!! What kind of terrain did you find that shed in? If I were you I would do some major scouting in that area. I would get trail cams on any waterholes closeby to see if that toad is still alive.

treestandman, I have been thinking about using trail cam's, but not sure where I would put them. I found this shed In a little canyon bottom, full of live oak and manzanita with no real game trail's. there is a spring about 1/2 mile up hill from the area.

LC. :ph34r:

Guest Ernesto C

What the heck those letters on the can say? Yea is got to be can that's why you find it :ph34r:

Congrats BACKCOUNTRY,I know your hunt is already on.

Ernesto C.

Hows about telling me where that springs is and I will do your scouting for you. Don't worry, I will tell you if I get a picture of that buck :ph34r:

Yo, TSM. How's this for directions. GPS cord's. 32*11.001'N. X 110*29.726'W These are the numbers logged where I found the shed. I hope you can get a chance to get out there. Remember, its the shot that counts!!

LC :ph34r: