Sign in to follow this  
doogan

22N Oct cow hunt

My 2 brother in laws drew 22n oct cow tags. One of them grew up hunting Mingus Mtn. so he has had his share of success and disappointment lol. He's on his own.The other grew up hunting only rabbits and upland birds in California. I would really like to help him take his first big game animal this year. I've never hunted 22n and any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

22 is my back yard. Alot of Elk in the unit. I would hunt North off Control Rd 64. Right under the Rim. You should find alot of Elk and have a successful hunt. Also try FS Rd 428 Hardscrabble Mesa. Good luck

• Like 2

22 is my back yard. Alot of Elk in the unit. I would hunt North off Control Rd 64. Right under the Rim. You should find alot of Elk and have a successful hunt. Also try FS Rd 428 Hardscrabble Mesa. Good luck

Thank man, I really appreciate the info.

Since you aren't after my bull, i can help. just kidding.

when is your cow hunt? i've been very blessed this year (turkey, w-t, and bull all for 22n). I am heading up there next weekend for three days to look around again. My turkey hunt is oct 4th. And my white tail tag is the 24th (so i hope to go up at least once in between). I'd be happy to share information with you.

the first weekends i went up were still pretty warm (85 ish) so no alot of movement. I agree with "MadMax 692". Control road and north to the rim. I went out by camp geronimo and found a cow middday walking the shoulder. Had to wait for her to cross actually. Going back to camp i seen some some cows along the control road between whispering pines and diamond point.

There's been alot of "weather" since ive been up so anxious to go up next weekend and see whas happening there. Congrats on the successful draw to the first cow tag.