Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Licence for Mexico Fishing

Guest oneshot

Do I need one, where can I get one??? Rocky Point... Shore fishing and maybe off the kayak... The GF talked me into going, her daughter and husband are visiting next week...

Guest oneshot

Thank You BigLakeJake.... I checked on-line and for shore fishing a licence isn't needed, but they just say "boat"fishermen need a licence, do they consider a kayak a boat???... Don't want to get jammed-up and have my kayak taken, guess I'll be checking with Villa...

Technically from a boat, you need one. I really doubt you would ever get checked being on a yak. I have been running a boat there for years and I have not once been checked but I always have a license. I know a few that have been checked near the mouth of the marina and the navy was more interested in seeing a boat registration and ID's than a fishing license.

It can be a hassle getting one in Rocky Point. You can purchase an annual, weekly or day license. I purchased my license last month here;

http://apps.bcs.gob.mx/finanzas/fina...nmar/index.php

It's in Spanish but easy enough to figure out. Pay online and print it out in less then 5 minutes!

I shore fish several times a year and have never needed a license. Years ago I was told I needed a license from the "harbor captain" to collect ghost shrimp and octopus in tide pools for my salt-water aquariums. I wrote several times in an attempt to acquire a license, but it was never issued. I think as long as you are not "commercial" fishing and profiting from it, it is no big deal.