Sign in to follow this  
Akfisherman

Trimble/ Cabelas GPS Cell phone app.

I have had this app for over a year now and is in my mind absolutely amazing. I just wanted to get other people take on it and shed light ro fellow sportsmen for just another tool for doing what we love to do. I think its awesome for scouting and planning a trip. Let alone tell you ballistics of what your shooting with ammunion and weather permitting. Wind speed. Offline maps. Like 7 different maps topo, hybrid bing, terrain, arrial streets. With like 8 different layers. You can make you trio active and track you if u want. You can set waypoints and mark spots and tag them as wsterholes tree stand ect. You can mark tracks and can blood trail from killzone. Its got moon and sun and compass. More stuff but that's the jist of it. Idk I think its awesome. Just wants d to share that'sall

SPent a day during the archery bull hunt with a guy who had this. It was pretty amazing.

I have it and think its worthless. Google Earth is better and I use my GPS not my phone to mark wavepoints. The ballistic program is basic at best....if I am blood trailing I prefer to use toilet paper or survey tape.

Just my thoughts....

I have it as well. I like it just fine. Ive put it to use to find waterholes and mark waypoints and it worked flawlessly. I like the blood trailing feature though but agree with the above comments and prefer to just mark the land itself. I guess if a guy wanted to keep a data base of his blood trails or something it would be useful.

I do like the arial maps better then google earth. Be sure you save a the maps of the area your going to be hunting prior to heading out in case theres no service.