Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Springfield XD-S Safety Recall

I'm pretty regular here on the site but don't remember ever seeing this mentioned. I apologize if it has been. I picked up a Springfield XDS this past spring and just became aware of a recall on it for a potential safety issue. Springfield's website suggests:

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur.

For more information on the recall go to:

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

My favorite part is where they state:

What should you do? STOP USING YOUR 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm or .45ACP PISTOL AND CAREFULLY UNLOAD IT!

Good call on that one!

From Another Thread I've Been Following, It Seems TheyDon't Have A Solution, And allot Of Guys Are Opting To Not Send It In.

I'll give you two guesses... both answers will result in a several months and dozens of fruitless phone calls while waiting to get your gun back.

According to a couple sources, it happened when a guy was reloading and he spilled some powder in his gun, which was setting on the bench and the powder got in the firing pin area or the sear or both and when he racked a round it double tapped. I have an XD-s and won't be sending it in anytime soon. Especially since there is no fix. Mine shoots just fine.