Big Browns

Wyoming 2014

Havasuhunter, I will have 7 points for Elk and Deer next year there and lookin for places to go. Just a hint. Any ifo would be appreciated. I wanna use em up well I am up here working the oilfield the next few years. Thanks............BOB

I have friends that guide in WY, I'll ask what they'd do with 7 bonus points.

Bob......I lived in Cody for four years. The area around it has great hunting. I don't have many points yet as a non res now but I am building them for area 54 elk and area 109 deer. Three biggest deer I have ever seen on the hoof were in 109. Possible spots to think about. 54 rifle took 8 points this year and 109 rifle took 9 points I believe. Might be some point creep but you are close for both of those.

I was fortunate enough to pick up 4 leftover tags in WY this year. 53-2 late rifle any elk, region F general deer and 2 doe tags. It has been a wet year for WY so it should be a good hunt. Leaving oct 30! Can't wait!

Thanks guys, If it helps to get a good tag I am a sucker for the special extra fee too. Lets see what kinda Lopes us Arizonans can get this year.. Can't wait............BOB!

I've seen some nice bucks walking down the middle of the street in Cody! Stayed there several weeks while we worked on the walmart. I contracted before working in the oilfield. The zones south of Jackson near the ID border are good. My friend killed a 190" mulie during general last year. There's a write up on Muleyfreak.com about it.

Havasu I watched those deer for four years. Some of them got to be decent size. I agree there are big deer south of Jackson. That is general regions G & H. Both have big deer in them. Only takes 1 or 2 points to get either of those tags. With 7 points I would hold out for a limited draw hunt such as the 109 I spoke of earlier or something near Duboise.

Zones 145-150 is what one guy is telling me. I still need to talk to my guide friends. Hard to go wrong anywhere in WY.

Thats why I built up the points. I knew someday I would have the oppurtunity. To bad I am 2 points behind Max. Lotssa guys just building points. There was over 2,000 with max for deer, or Elk,one or the other.IL"L never catch up so may as well hunt now, plus I will be 58 this week. Aint gettin Younger................BOB!

• Like 1