Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

good day quail huntin:)

Spent some much need alone time hunting quail & rabbits. So , therapeutic:)post-4863-0-73961300-1382507518_thumb.jpgpost-4863-0-56280900-1382507579_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Perkele, that's a good picture, looks like the little guy is having the time of his life.

You bet. Gotta get them started early. He LOVES getting out pounding the desert for birds, wabbits and scouting with daddy.

He's a true trooper, not a peep when I slow down to stalk a covey, hears the birds before I do and he's not gun shy at all.

I think I cloned myself. As a matter of fact, the O/U I'm hunting with is his gun, he lets me borrow it.

• Like 1

Perkele! What kid-pack is that??? I wanna get my daughter out and I haven't a clue where to find the packs for it or for what ages of kids...

It's a Kelty Kids. I bought it from a board member a few months back since his kid outgrew it.

Very roomy, very adjustable and has plenty of storage room.

All the info can be found here http://www.kelty.com/c-kids.aspx?subcategory=child-carriers|kids-backpacks&cid=kelty-PS-keltybackpakcs-06162010&gclid=CLDgzsaPrroCFe01Qgod9g4A7w

• Like 1

curious..old souther boy here who has busted many a cap on upland game...I live in North Carolina and I am curious as what choke you use on your quail..I've always heard Gambels were wild flushers and perhaps need a bit more choke than the IC we (and I) use on bobwhite

My 20ga O/U has MOD over IMP and I shoot Estate Super Sport Competition #9's... It doesn't take a whole lot to knock down a Scalie. I keep all the shots inside 40yds. If you let those far flushers go- they'll usually corner themselves or end up flying to heavy cover where you can sneak up and flush them closer.

Ah..okay..that is about what we would do here in NC too with bobwhites...I think most of us use 8 shot but that seems such a small difference...7 1/2 on Ruffed Grouse typically...