Sign in to follow this  
almost

garmin oregon 550

I posted it up here already. It's a couple threads down. Thread is named "GPS found in unit 10" No one has claimed it and I have exhausted all areas to find the owner. GPS is now sold.

I guess I should explain. I found this GPS in the middle of FR6 in unit 10 during my archery elk hunt. I was clearly not there very long because it was spotless. It rained and hailed two days prior to this. I posted ads on this site, Archerytalk, AZ Game and Fish, Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse. I talked to several if not all of the people that I run into whether it be Ben Avery or Bow shops that I frequent. There was one bookmark in this unit of a house in Phoenix and the title of the bookmark was the homeowners name (for privacy sake, we'll call him Bill). And I'll be darned, it led me to a house just two blocks from my house. I went there and spoke with the tenants. They said that Bill had passed away a year ago and that they are renting the house from his son. They gave me his sons number, I called him and spoke with him in great length. He said it wasn't his GPS but he turned me on to all of Bills hunting buddies. I called and spoke with them and none of them knew who lost this GPS, but they would ask around and call me back if they found anything out for me. Three days later I got a call back from one of the guys and he told me that no one in their hunting group had lost a GPS. I contacted Garmin and they could not tell me the owner because it wasn't registered. They could not even tell me where the unit was purchased at. The unit has been sitting on my dresser for one month and every one I spoke to pretty much said, at this point, you have a new GPS. I did not need another GPS unit, so, in my mind, I waited long enough and tried my hardest to find the owner. I sold the unit on Craigs list just last night. I do know, though, that if the original owner shows up somehow, I'm going to feel real sick to my stomach. Please, everyone, try not to make me feel any worse than I already feel.

• Like 2

I guess I should explain. I found this GPS in the middle of FR6 in unit 10 during my archery elk hunt. I was clearly not there very long because it was spotless. It rained and hailed two days prior to this. I posted ads on this site, Archerytalk, AZ Game and Fish, Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse. I talked to several if not all of the people that I run into whether it be Ben Avery or Bow shops that I frequent. There was one bookmark in this unit of a house in Phoenix and the title of the bookmark was the homeowners name (for privacy sake, we'll call him Bill). And I'll be darned, it led me to a house just two blocks from my house. I went there and spoke with the tenants. They said that Bill had passed away a year ago and that they are renting the house from his son. They gave me his sons number, I called him and spoke with him in great length. He said it wasn't his GPS but he turned me on to all of Bills hunting buddies. I called and spoke with them and none of them knew who lost this GPS, but they would ask around and call me back if they found anything out for me. Three days later I got a call back from one of the guys and he told me that no one in their hunting group had lost a GPS. I contacted Garmin and they could not tell me the owner because it wasn't registered. They could not even tell me where the unit was purchased at. The unit has been sitting on my dresser for one month and every one I spoke to pretty much said, at this point, you have a new GPS. I did not need another GPS unit, so, in my mind, I waited long enough and tried my hardest to find the owner. I sold the unit on Craigs list just last night. I do know, though, that if the original owner shows up somehow, I'm going to feel real sick to my stomach. Please, everyone, try not to make me feel any worse than I already feel.

You went over and above any moral responsibility to find the owner. Enjoy any cash you might receive from the sale. If I ever lose anything I sure hope you find it!

• Like 2

You gave a solid effort in returning the unit to its rightful owner... You have nothing to feel bad about.

• Like 2