COOSEFAN

Shortpants and COOSEFAN's adventure

Why do you think I'm so quiet. Jim has all the luck. I'm on a bad luck streak that I can't seem to shake but don't think I'm complaining. I had a blast hunting with Jim and I know when I do find success I'll just appreciate it that much more. Knowing I was with Jim on his favorite coues hunt to date and having Pops on the phone was a special day that I won't soon forget! Thanks for leetting me be there Jim.

Thanks for letting me be there?...........I would not have been there if you weren't there! It got pretty darn scary some nights just knowing there were people walking past our camp and wondering if/when they were going to stumble INTO camp! Our last camp set-up was in a wash in tall grass under a tree. There was a major trail right behind camp the UDA's used and some used the wash that was about 20 yrds. from camp! Because of the tall grass, they couldn't see our tents but I bet there were some that saw our lights on at some point! I don't think I would hunt down there by myself anymore, it's not worth the risk. Shortpants and I share the same passion for hunting Coues deer and nothing was going to stop us from doing what we wanted to do, but I wouldn't have done it without him. I just hope one day my trophy room is adorned with as many huge Coues bucks as his, maybe then I can follow his lead in holding out for the really BIG bucks! ;) Thanks, JIM>

You seemed to be bothered much more by the spider in your tent than you ever were by the uda's.

You seemed to be bothered much more by the spider in your tent than you ever were by the uda's.

Yeah.....that's a fact! If a UDA came into camp.........you would have heard it and woke up WAY before I would have, so I felt safe knowing that......BUT that dang spider was huge and less than a foot away from my face and I had NO WHERE to go and you weren't helping me with it! I'm not afraid of little spiders on the ground and such, but when they are huge and hanging right above your face in a coffin sized tent, just like in the movies, I was almost having a panic attack! :ph34r: JIM>

post-1277-1163013367.jpgpost-1277-1163013449.jpgpost-1277-1163013488.jpgpost-1277-1163013524.jpgpost-1277-1163013564.jpgpost-1277-1163013596.jpgpost-1277-1163013628.jpgHere's the pics of our camps and a few random pics. Second try!

35bjs5.jpg

Hey Shorty, I can't make these pic's any larger? The pic's came over as small pic's on the email also?

Anyway, this is the photo where we made it all the way down to Jason's truck and are making a toast to the effort of hunting harder than we had to, with non other than a Dr. Pepper :D JIM>

I leave Wed for the Scotia Canyon area and your story and pics have got me into

a frenzy! Nice big bodied buck and great story; like you painted a picture. Was it

pretty warm, cause it looked like it. Hate hunting in cactus myself but ya gotta go

were they are I guess. Thanks for sharing. You saw a lot of bucks. That never

happens to me likely cause my optics are not good enough and I have not nearly

enough patience in glassing.

Hey Greyghostguy, It was pretty warm during the day but it got pretty cool down in the wash we were camped in. We had temps from mid 30's to high 70's would be my best guess.

Good luck on your hunt and keep us posted.