Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Lightweight hiking shoes.

Go to a running store like road runner, etc. Pay them to fit you into a pair of shoes and insoles. Then use the insoles in everything. Or do the same thing at the foot doc. My wife has PF as well, for this or thighs like reoccurring shin splints you really need to spend the dough to get inserts for your shoes. Also, stretch, stretch, stretch.... Do it slowly and deliberately every day and over time you will find a huge difference. And yes I know it hurts like he!! But the needles in the foot are worse, my wife said never again.

I had my foot digitally scanned at the Orthopedist. I am waiting for January 1st when my company health care benefits kick in. I will be getting the custom made orthotic insert, as well as custom orthotic shoes.

I would think getting a custom orthotic insert would be the way to go. then you can use that insert in any boot you want, right?

I bought my first pair of Salomon quests at REI after going to all the hunting stores and not finding something I wanted. I hiked tons of miles in them this summer doing my owl fieldwork and they were so comfortable! I have pretty high arches, and they seem to support my foot fine. But I recommend trying them on to see if they work for you. My field tech loves the Asolo's and I went into REI thinking that's what I would get, but they didn't fit my foot well and the Salomons just were instantly comfortable. REI has a good assortment of inserts that you can put into any boot, depending on the type of support you want.

I would think getting a custom orthotic insert would be the way to go. then you can use that insert in any boot you want, right?

I bought my first pair of Salomon quests at REI after going to all the hunting stores and not finding something I wanted. I hiked tons of miles in them this summer doing my owl fieldwork and they were so comfortable! I have pretty high arches, and they seem to support my foot fine. But I recommend trying them on to see if they work for you. My field tech loves the Asolo's and I went into REI thinking that's what I would get, but they didn't fit my foot well and the Salomons just were instantly comfortable. REI has a good assortment of inserts that you can put into any boot, depending on the type of support you want.

Thanks. I found an REI store here in Tucson, over on Wetmore road. I am going to stop by there, and try some on. See what type of deals they have.

I have purchased Rocky boots in the past, but have been disappointed with the quality of the last couple pair's.

Go to a running store like road runner, etc. Pay them to fit you into a pair of shoes and insoles. Then use the insoles in everything. Or do the same thing at the foot doc. My wife has PF as well, for this or thighs like reoccurring shin splints you really need to spend the dough to get inserts for your shoes. Also, stretch, stretch, stretch.... Do it slowly and deliberately every day and over time you will find a huge difference. And yes I know it hurts like he!! But the needles in the foot are worse, my wife said never again.

I had my foot digitally scanned at the Orthopedist. I am waiting for January 1st when my company health care benefits kick in. I will be getting the custom made orthotic insert, as well as custom orthotic shoes.

That is great, should make a huge difference. I quit wearing Rockies quiet a while ago as well.

i really like the scarpa terra gtx. same height as the merrell reflex mid