Sign in to follow this  
AZBearhunter

Huge TOM: 130-140 lbs, scarred up & missing right ear! Plus other lion pics.

Wow! That looks like one heck of a lion spot! Congrats on your lion!

You can bet money that I will be killing a lion every year from now on! Hiking the country to go check one of my cameras this year I came face-to-face with a nice lion at about 20 yards. The lion was in a mine shaft on the bank of the wash that I was walking down, and I happened to look just in time to see the lion crouch so I wouldnt see it. I drew my side arm and waited in a Mexican stand off. The lion bolted after about 30 seconds. I had already filled my lion tag for the year, otherwise, I would have shot.

multiple bag limits in some areas...just need another tag.

James

Unfortunately I wasn't in a unit were multiple bag limits apply, otherwise I'd have two lions for the year of 2013.

that blows...

send those pics to the officer in your unit...

hope you get to smoke another 1.

did you process the meat or give it away?

James

Man that water hole is getting you some awesome pics!!

I bet you'll never guess where I'll be sitting in July of 2014?? Bow in hand, tag in pocket.

• Like 1

Wow! That looks like one heck of a lion spot! Congrats on your lion!

You can bet money that I will be killing a lion every year from now on! Hiking the country to go check one of my cameras this year I came face-to-face with a nice lion at about 20 yards. The lion was in a mine shaft on the bank of the wash that I was walking down, and I happened to look just in time to see the lion crouch so I wouldnt see it. I drew my side arm and waited in a Mexican stand off. The lion bolted after about 30 seconds. I had already filled my lion tag for the year, otherwise, I would have shot.

multiple bag limits in some areas...just need another tag.

James

Unfortunately I wasn't in a unit were multiple bag limits apply, otherwise I'd have two lions for the year of 2013.

that blows...

send those pics to the officer in your unit...

hope you get to smoke another 1.

did you process the meat or give it away?

James

I would gladly share my photos with the Game Manager of the Unit, however, I don't trust anyone with this specific kind of information. If I show the pictures, then I'll most likely be asked to provide the location. I appreciate the suggestion though. I'll just say that there are more lions out there then most people believe (As you can see in my many pictures).

Mountain lion meat is the best! I ate all in less then a month.

Manny.

• Like 2

did you get pics of them eating on that skull thats laying there in the first pics?

Nope, never got a picture of them eating on the skull. That skull was there when I originally found the spot, which was around March, so it has been there for a while. However, within a 100 yard proximity I would always usually find a deer kill when going to check my camera. I did get a picture of this deer getting killed.

post-10981-0-01106300-1384401491_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

amazing. you make me want to go buy some cameras and burn boot leather.

Great idea if your really interested in what's going on in a specific area. However be mindful of theives. Camera theft is a disease that's has become a pandemic! I've lost 3 cameras just this year, and I know it was other "hunters" that found them and stole them. Therefore, be smart and strategic in regards to camera placement and location. Regardless of how far you hike your camera is never safe unless its hidden. I had a camera stolen that was 3 miles into a remote area! Also be persistent, you will have more camera failures then successes. It's not just as simple as buying a camera and setting it up. Know what your camera can do, and place it were you think the most animals with concentrate or move throw. Best of luck! If you have any specific questions, ask away.