Sign in to follow this  
naturegirl

Badlands Kali backpack for women

Finally we females are starting to have some options for equipment that fits us. I bought this pack prior to my 4-day scouting trip and then used it for 9 days over my WT hunt. I must say I almost didn't buy it because it had pink on it. I still don't get why we must have pink on our camo, but it's nothing a little black sharpie can't take care of. Anyhow this backpack is the best pack I've ever owned and can't say enough about it. It is comfortable! No back pain and no shoulder pain. Just about felt like I wasn't wearing a pack (just about...LOL). I thought I'd share this info because for too many years I've worn men's packs that have never fit quite right and caused discomfort. It wasn't the cheapest, but it is a well-built COMFORTABLE pack! The only negative I could find is it could have more pockets, but I can never have enough pockets to hold all my stuff.

kalibackpack_zpsd0d2d776.jpg

My wife has the same pack and she did not want the pink on it also.she's not a pink camp girl either.

It's a decent sized day pack (not huge and not small). When I hunt, I'm gone from sunup to sundown. It held everything I needed plus an extra jacket. Of course it has straps galore, which always come in handy. I had a Kelty before this one and I used that one for at least 4-5 years.

Below is what I found online about it. I say those "women-specific" shoulder straps are simply marvelous :) and my husband was a little envious that his back was sweating and mine wasn't. I didn't think I'd like the frame, but I do a lot especially when the pack is full in the morning.

Women-specific shoulder straps, waistbelt and a back-cooling Hypervent suspension system make this pack the female hunter’s first choice. A heat-treated steel frame teamed with extremely durable and quiet KXO-32 fabric delivers support and balance. Four compartments and six pockets organize gear. Accommodates bow, rifle and a 105-oz. hydration reservoir (not included). Imported.

Dimensions: 22"H x 14"W x 8"D.
Weight: 2 lbs. 14 oz.
Capacity: 2,500 cu. in.

I agree this pack is awesome (I'm one of those that like the pink lol)!! The hip straps take so much weight off of my shoulders and it really was made for a women's body, in my opinion. Definitely wish it had more pockets as well, especially pockets that can close/zipper shut. I think it is lacking a little in that area. The mesh has ripped in a couple areas of my pockets but I'm just gonna send it in to get fixed. It actually has a TON of space 2,500 cu. in.