capoeirajosh

Nikon aculon rangefinder?

Anyone have this rangefinder? They are on sale for a pretty good deal on black friday. I would use it for archery and rifle.

Where are they going to be in sale at?

I think at bass pro, cabelas, and sportsman's actually.

Cool thanks for the heads up brother.Do you know for how much?

I think they are like $115.00.

No problem! :-)

I just got the Nikon Arc 1000 Bone Collector and it is freaking awesome.

• Like 1

What is the difference between reflective and non reflective? I have heard that some of these rangefinders will say 500 yds. on them, but you can't actually get that distance reliably.

What is the difference between reflective and non reflective? I have heard that some of these rangefinders will say 500 yds. on them, but you can't actually get that distance reliably.

Reflective means something like a truck, building, rocks. Non-reflective means trees and animals, although you can get distance from trees next to a deer better than the animal due to the overall size difference.

So, would that mean that a non reflective would be better?

NO, reflective surface will always be a better "target" as it will "return" the laser beam with more consistency.

That makes sense. Here is a link to the rangefinder I am looking at. Would you mind giving your two cents on it? Unfamiliar with them and don't want to buy something that isn't going to be right for me.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Nikon-Aculon-Laser-Rangefinder/productDetail/Rangefinders/prod999901368701/cat100756

Sportsman's really doesn't describe their products very well. If you go to this site it will give you a better look at it. http://www.nikon.com/news/2013/0709_laser_03.htm

From what I see this one is good for the first time user. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have the Arc technology. It won't give you a ballistic range to your target at steep angles. However it does have a 6x optic. You said it was only $115? I would get it only if you can't afford something a little nicer with Arc. Look elsewhere for good deals before you commit.

Awesome. Thanks for input! I will keep all of that in mind. :-)