105Coues

Copper Sticker

It's about as ridiculous as the Red Rock Pass required to park on the highway right of way and take a picture in Sedona. With the Red Rock Pass, I want to say that like 87% of the collected fees went back into administration IIRC. I see that some will feel that having a Copper Sticker will be a license to ride off road-not a good thing.

Doug~RR

I know for a fact that a large portion of the pay that game wardens get comes from OHV support funds. I AM TOTALLY AGAINST THE COPPER STICKER. I don't care if you have a quad, a horse, a sheep with a saddle, we (hunters and the public) pay fees to have a license plate and taxes when we buy quads, trucks, jeeps etc......NO MORE FEES. I grew up on mules and horses, now my folks can't afford to feed them all year so we have quads. I think that quads are ok to get to a designated spot on a designated road.....that's where we should get off our duffs and walk......this years hunt is a perfect example. We road the quad down a designated road....parked it and walked! I would have hated to have had to walk 5 miles in the heat of the day and then have to walk another mile to go get the buck.

And not to hi-jack this thread I sure as heck hope the AZGFD or any government agency turns hunting and the outdoors into a rich many only sport. I don't care whether is through a copper sticker or higher tag prices! Although I do support the increase in tag fees as long as QUALITY NOT QUANTITY HUNTS COME ALONG.

Scott

I hate the quads, but respect their drivers right to own them. As a result, I spend more time in wilderness areas w/ my backpack on so I don't have to hear/see/smell them, etc. The outdoors are public domain & peope are free to enjoy it anyway they wish. The G&F has called for public comment on this issue. Click the link below for meeting dates & an e-mail address. Let your opinion be heard before they make a decision without you.

http://www.azgfd.gov/artman/publish/article_639.shtml

The date on this was 10/25, so I don't know if they're still taking comment or not, but look into it.

As much trash as a lot of people talk about "do it the man way, pack in........hike in..........crawl in.......roar!". I sure dont see a lot of people left in the woods late in the hunt. I dont see a lot of people while Im walking or glassing. So it seems lots of you are full of schit.

If your offended by the above comment................I guess you have an idea who I'm talking to.

As far as quad use, I use them to get around...............I even used them to pack something out. Those big low pressure rubber tires tore the country side up so bad, I dont think it'll ever be the same. It usually tears the countryside up so bad that oftentimes I cant even find my own tracks on the third or fourth return trip to the animal.

Hop on your horse, haul food and water for him. I'll honk at you as I pass you for the 20th time during a pack out contest.

Game and fish will always find another way to get your not very hard earned money.

Peace.

I use a quad to get around sometimes, but in my opinion they are not much more useful than a jeep or a shortbed pickup. Especially for the cost. I can dang near get my jeep anywhere I can get my quad.

Yeah, it is quite a pain in the tail to haul a bail of hay and pellets but it pays off in the end when you're coming home with the big set of horns. My favorite spots cannot be reached by anything with a motor unless it is a helicopter. No way you could drop off these deep, dark canyons on a quad.

Hey muleybull, let's play follow the leader. LOL

Regards

This BS Sticker program doesn't care if you are using one to get in backcountry to hunt or teaching your kids to ride a motorcycle. You will all pay. I do not condone people hunting off of Quads but it is normally not an issue for me because they are on the roads and I hike far enough that if anything I just hear them. I do ride with my kids for recreation and I use them to ride into roads my truck can't during the seasons to start my hiking. They have also helped in getting a couple Bull elk. I would love to have horses but the problem is where to put them and affording the Purina Horse Chow. If I had a lot of money I probably wouldn't be as concerned with the sticker.