kazpilot25

Swarovski SLC HD vs. Non-HD

I'm looking to upgrade from my Vortex Kaibabs to Swaro 15s and am wondering if I should buy the current model SLC 15 NEU or wait and pay an extra $900 for the HD? Will the HD be that much better? Anybody have experience with the other (10x42) SLC in HD and non-HD that could chime in here?

Either way it's an upgrade from the Kaibab, but if I'm spending that kind of money, I don't want to regret not getting the better one.

Hey Bro.... I have 10x42 El's and they are just the regular Swarovski's not HD... then I have the 15s and honestly as far as clarity its about the same.... but I do have to say in low light conditions you do gain a lot with the HD's... what I tell people is that they gain 15min in the morning and 15min in the evening of glassing with the HDs...its really at your discretion.... maybe rent a pair or borrow to see and feel the difference....hope this helps... but its your eye balls ha ha... oh yeah I have looked through the 15sVortex, and 15s in Swarovskis is definetly the ticket....

Thanks for the info. I'm curious as to how you already have a pair of the Swaro 15x56 in HD? I thought they weren't hitting shelves until next year?

Ha HA my bad... Im still waking up... I meant I have 10x42s HDs... but in SLCs.... sorry about that.... I do have 15s as well... 10x42 ELs is always my choice... looking into getting the EL range next...

Gotcha. That makes more sense to me. ha. Do you notice any difference between the 10x42 HD SLC and the non-HD 15x56 SLC in terms of image quality and sharpness?

Honestly non HD is good for me... maybe different for others.... but I personally dig my ELs over any HD SLCs.....I just think you will have more clarity in low light conditions with HDs... just my opinion.... I purchased a spotting scope 2 years ago and its non HD as well.... im good with my set up.... I use my glass 200days out of the year

• Like 1

I have 10-42 hds and 15-56s wait for the new ones and pay the extra $900,I had both set up along with my Spotting scope the 15's in my

mind were so bad I sent them back to have them looked at they told me there is just no comparison to the hd glass, nothing was wrong with the 15's

the hd just blow the old ones away.I am getting them back next week and they are going up for sale you might also want to look at the 12-50 glass

they are amazing as well,

Seldom Drawn