Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

37A Q&A

Ok, I posted on this earlier and got no response so I am hoping it was just the way I titled it.

I agreed to take out a couple of guys who have not ever hunted before on the 37A HAM hunt. They have been trying to get me to go out with them for a while and I just haven't made time. Since this will be their first hunt I am hoping to at least provide a memorable experience. I hit up the G&F website but I know those pages can get pretty outdated and I haven't hunted 37A in like 15 yrs. Can anyone help me with the following questions?

I was thinking of hunting the Picacho's/Newman peak area East of the canal, is there typically a bunch of guys in that area? And is there anywhere to get across the canal with a vehicle from the West?

One other spot I was considering were the hills bordering the ag lands north of Red Rock. I seem to remember quite a few folks hunting that area way back when and glassing areas were pretty limited, can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks for any response, and if I can ever help you out I will be happy to return the favor.

Thanks for the tips guys. Hoping I can whack one quick during my 33/37B archery hunt so I can get out to 37A for a day or two and check things out during the archery deer hunt.