Sign in to follow this  
trophyhnter

Desert Mule Deer Rut Video

I bought camcorder on black Friday and did a little filming this past Sunday. The rut is on but the Big boys are still not out yet..............at least not where I am glassing! Hard to tell but the bigger buck is a giant fork with a tiny 3rd point on one side. The other buck is a 3.5 year old 3x3. There was 12 does and fawns. I made a couple of stocks on them but the slight wind and all those eye balls didn't help! It was fun just watching them!

• Like 1

Cool video! Keep an eye on those does into January, seems like the big bucks always show up from Jan 5th-20th. Good Luck!

Awesome video!

Cool video! Keep an eye on those does into January, seems like the big bucks always show up from Jan 5th-20th. Good Luck!

From where I was glassing, I was also watching a herd of 6 javelina. To the west was another group of 7 does and fawns without a buck. When I made a stock on the deer, I found another 8 does and fawns without a buck and more javelina......about a 2 square mile area. Should be real good in the next few days and weeks!