falls

whens the actual day...

7 am Thursday, and no news yet! ARGH!

I think the lady on the game and fish # needs to just say NOT YET, the way she hesitates makes you think she is going to say something different every time.

Maybe that big monsoon storm caused a large power outage as the F&G was processing the draw results causing many applications to be deleted and the F&G is trying to figure if the paper applications alone will be enough to cover all the hunts. That is my optimistic guess.

Maybe one of those pelicans slammed into the azgfd computer and they had to start over.

This waiting sucks, but it will be worth it.

Guest JSR

"Pelicans"

I knew I was not going crazy! I saw 4 Pelicans in the canal by my house in Gilbert. Then I saw another one at the lake at Power Ranch.

Well, I agree it is better now than say 10 years ago, but the main problem is someone at AZGFD let out a "possible" early date for the reuslts to be available. If they had just held to the stated date in the Regs, everyone would not have the combined mystery of the triple... "Did I get Drawn" + Where did I get Drawn" + the "When will they post the results."

These 3 mystery factors have caused a great many hunters to "churn up the calm waters of the AZGFD website like a bunch of shad being chased by big bass on a warm spring day!"

It is sort of like the lines at Disneyland. The signs say "if you are here, in line you have a wait of 1.1/2 hours" They know that the wait is actually only 1 hour. So when you finally get to the front of the line in an hour or less, you are happy you just spent an hour standing in line. That theory has worked for years with most theme parks and it could do the same for the AZGFD.

I would like to see them post a date, and stick to it! UNLESS they have everything ready to post. If they find they can post early, put a notice on the AZGFD website to alert everyone. Use of Hunter email addresses would be cool too. They could just email a notice that results are in.

Anyway the delay from the unoffical date of 12th or 13th has just given me more time to re-engineer the posting of the results process for them.

I think they do a great job improving from year to year, but the waiting this year is killing me!

I am definitely going to check back later cause Ernesto said they would be today, and his word is as good as gold to me.

CWD members, KEEP THE FAITH

Took so long to write out this post, I will go re-check the results, maybeeeee....

everyone go to game and fish home page and read latest post from game and fish.we lost the 10% cap and a jugde has shut down the draw,no results for deer ,elk .unbelievable,I think this is USO at its best,but cant remember for sure if thats who started the case.I am sorry for all my hunting brothers and sisters ,this fall is going to be a nightmare.this ruling doesnt affect draws for bighorn sheep,antelope,,turkey,or buffaloe.A special meeting will be held at the state fairgrounds tomorrow at noon.anyone go please post.I have to work and cant grt to the meeting,I bet it will be heated

I'm an az native and in 98 i drew a early bull tag in unit 9. Thank God I took a nice bull then because I will never get that chance again. Much sympathy for the long time residents that just got ROBBED

I missed a Bull in 6a back in 2001. I fear I may never get drawn agin for such a good hunt.

Montoya and USO should be boycotted. They really screwed things up for all decent hunters in AZ and likely everywhere. JERKS

First time poster, longtime fan of this website. I had learned the bad news earlier about the USO case and it makes me wanna puke! I have friends and family employed by AZG&F and have frequently been updated and knew this was most likely to happen but not until maybe next year's draw. I have alot of b.points for elk and finally put in for a better odds hunt so I could get the tag this year and this probably just shot my chances to heck. I spend alot of time in the field every year and have had several encounters with USO guides and have a pretty good understanding of how they run their service. If you pay the big money you might get a decent hunt, if not be prepared to be crammed in a huge camp, with at least twice as many clients as there are guides, and just thrown out to a spot hoping something walks by. The operation "for some reason", has absolutely no problem aquiring clients, and that is why I feel this is all out of greed. You can see this in how they run the whole operation from the crowded camps, the planes buzzing overhead during the unlawful timeframe, the headbutting experiences I actually have had with the guides, and heck, just the way George T. walks and talks you can see the lack of concern he has for anyone but himself. I Feel like someone just broke into my house, took my dearest possesions that could never be replaced, and all the while, laughed at me, because there was nothing I could do about it. I'm sorry for typing so much, jus ventin'.............I'll be at the meeting....hope everything works out for everyone.