loach

2006 Buck

Guest Ernesto C
High fence hunt!!

I posted that earlier trying to make/provoke loach to post some information,pictures and story of that monster buck.

We all here share the love for the outdoors and we all here love to see pictures of big bucks and specially we all like to congratulate and admire the results of a successfull hunt.

No I dont know such a blessed hunter,proud owner of a tremendous buck, like I said earlier,I wanted to provoke him to come up and tell us the story and show us more pictures different angles of that majestick buck.

This is in response to the ones that asked me why I posted that.

Ernesto C

Don't know what he scores by just that one pic but I will venture to say he scores a whole bunch. Great buck! Congrats loach ;)

2006 Hunt was a success. Attached is a pic.

Sorry for the wait... here is my hunt, the best I can tell it by writing.

I set up on the mountain point at daylight and started glassing for deer. A ridge line runs off of this particlar point to the creek bottom where two canyons meet. I like this vantage point because the sun is at my back which allows me to glass for most of the day without interuption. From this point, I can look at mountains where access is limited by forest walking trails only. Not long into my glassing session I started seeing deer. Most of the deer I found were out of reach for the time being and would have required an approach plan to be implemented in quite a hurry or early the next morning. Since it was still early in the hunt, and I had not seen any good bucks, I was not real eager to move my position. I have seen good bucks in the area but it has been at least three to four years ago and I was always closer than from where I glass. With that picture in my mind, my hopes are high for spotting and stalking a buck.

After the moring started to pass and my body got stiff from sitting in one position, I decided to take a look just of the hill side into the canyon on my left. I needed to walk about fifty yards across the ridge to get a good view. With rifle in hand and binoculars attached to my eyes I looked down the creek bottom. I almost immediatly spotted a deer laying under a tree. I sat down to get a better rest. I could see that the deer was a buck, but could only see part of his left antler. As I studied it closer, I could see what I thought were points abnormally high in the tree. At this time a said to myself, there is no reason why this cannot be a great buck. Once I told myself that, I started to shake, and then immediatly calmed myself. This deer is just looking at me and I cannot tell how big he is so there is no reason to get excited. Moments passed and another buck came up from behind this one and started feeding next to the one laying down. This buck was nice, but not nice enough for me to shoot. The deer laying down was the one I was interested in. The deer knew I was there but was not spooked. He finally stood up and I still could not get a good visial on his horns. The deer managed to sneak around the brush without giving me a good view of his horns. Not long after the smaller buck decided to head directly down the canyon and the big buck followed with his head down. This time I got a good look and immediatly knew I had to kill this buck. As he was heading down the creek bottom almost to cover, I knew it was only a matter of seconds before I lost the shot. I set the crosshairs on the middle of the top if his back squeezed the trigger and watched the deer buckle. I knew he was a good one, but until I walked up on him dead did I not know how good he really was.

Thank you all for the compliments I am glad to share my story. The buck is a good buck, but not quite 135 inches good.

Great story and really good job controling the shakes. I do the same thing when I see a nice deer. Even on deer much smaller than yours. Congratulations, that buck is what dreams are made of.

Bob

Very Nice!