While Spotlighting over the weekend in unit one my cousins and I spotted a lion. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Tell us the details,I have never been so lucky.

It was a full moon which in my experience has always meant the best spotlighting. We had already seen a bunch of elk and deer. It was around 11:30 pm, we were in between big lake and crescent lake and about 40 yds away up on the hillside we spotting what was probably an adult female lion. It seemed unconcerned that we were there and we were able to watch it walk parallel to us for about 1 minute. It was a very cool experience. If the following day were not Sunday, I would have gone back in the morning with my cousin's friend's hounds. That night we saw a buck antelope which was one of the very few antelope I have seen at night, a very very large coyote or possibly a wolf, and a lot a bulls, and a few small bucks.

Wow sounds like fun. I am going to have to try spotliting. Thank you for sharing with us.

I think I need to look into a spotlightting trip. Sounds like almost as productive in terms of seeing game as a well placed game camera.