Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Value of .22wmr vs .22lr for trade

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have talked to some guys that want to trade their .22lr for some .22wmr that I have. I was curious since the wmr is more expensive than the lr how many should I trade? If I get 500 lr should I trade 300 wmr? 350? Or more? I can't seem to figure just exactly how much more valuable the wmr is than the lr.

The wmr I have is 40 grain cci maxi mag.

It is all a negotiation, but I would recommend everyone agreeing to do a trade based on pre-craze prices. Post-craze prices are all over the chart right now for 22lr and 22wmr. I paid about $11/box of 50 22wmr before the craze, and about $25/box of 500 22lr. Pick something specific, so you are both trading from the same leverage point. Sounds like both parties want what the other has, so a fair deal is something both parties should strive for. All depends on the ammo, and how both parties value their product in trade.

Thanks MRAA, that's what I'm hoping to do is be fair but also don't wanna give someone more ammo than the value I'm getting back. We're gonna do a straight trade so do you think lr Is approximately 1/4 the value of wmr? Since 500 wmr would be about 100 dollars before the craze and 500 lr would have been 25 dollars before the craze?

I think that any negotiation needs fair starting points, and knowing the other person's end goal helps establish negotiating positions. I would never trade 500lr for 500wmr, but then again I do not have the extra need for either, I think I am ok now. I personally value 500 lr at about 125-150 wmr, given both are target rounds only and nothing fancy. Now, once fancy rounds come into play, you need to re-establish starting values to discuss fair trades.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. This is a perfect example of a free market deal. If I was sitting on 10k rounds of 22wmr and 0 rounds of 22lr, and had been looking for 6 months without finding any, then I might consider a 2:3 trade fair. At the same time, if I had 10k rounds of each, and needed no more of either, then a 1:4 trade would be more to my liking.