Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Beware of Sonoran Outfitters!

Even though he can't seem to hold up to his side of contracts or even court settlements he manages to have the ability to advertise more hunts.....unbelievable. I hope no one falls for it.

1.gif

Home I About Us I Mule Deer I Sheep I Coues Deer I Packages I Gallery I Questions? I Guides I
What to Expect I Contact

www.SonoranOutfitters.com

In This Issue

Discounted Desert Sheep Hunt

Hello Hunters

It seems to happen every year, and it has happened again. We have one and maybe two Desert Sheep tags that have just come available for this season. The season runs until March 20 2014.

You could expect a ram in the 155 to maybe even 170 class.

The cancellation price is $ 36,000.00

The hunt includes: Desert Bighorn Sheep tag, hunting license, gun permit, cities, guided 1x3, food and lodging. Not included is tips to guides and staff, export and shipping of trophy, commercial air and any hotel stay prior or after hunt. Hunter would need to fly to Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico thru either Phoenix or Dallas.

Call Todd at 253-269-8789

"Life is good today"

Todd Rice

225.jpg

Booking hunts for 2014/2015 season. Please visit our website at www.sonoranoutfitters.com to see our newest videos and trophies from the 2013/2014 season.

Sonoran Outfitters

(253) 269-8789 or 223-9857

email us at : sonoranoutfitters@yahooo.com

ftf_btn_1.gif

btn_fbk_160_a.png

jmml_opgr1_img10.gif

ftf_btn_1.gif

Not my uncle, just another poor victim that got taken by this crook! All the more reason to spread the word to everyone you know! Thanks for sharing Drummond.

I posted this in the Bighorn Sheep section as well but thought I would post it here too.

On October 18, 2010 my uncle signed a contract with Todd Rice of Sonoran Outfitters to hunt Desert Bighorn Sheep in Sonora, Mexico.

On November 18th he arrived in Kino Bay, Sonora for his hunt.

The next day he began hunting and on November 24, 2010 he shot a nice 165” ram with dark horns that were broomed off. The ram was aged at 10 to 10 ½ years old.

(Pictures of my uncle and his Ram are on Todd’s website)

November 25, 2010 my uncle returned home with Todd promising to deliver his Ram within 2 or 3 weeks, which he never did.

After 10 months of Todd Rice refusing to even communicate with my uncle he decided to file suit in Coconino Superior Court. He had his first Court Arbitration Hearing in Flagstaff on September 12, 2012 with Court Appointed Judge John Trebon.

On October 12th Todd offered to settle with him by providing the horns and cape into his possession. Several more months went by with Todd stalling and refusing to deliver my uncle’s trophy. As it would turn out, Todd Rice defaulted on the settlement because he never purchased a tag for the Ram prior to or after the hunt.

Fast forward to April 9, 2013, in front of Judge John Trebon, Todd offered a new settlement. This offer was another Desert Sheep Hunt in Sonora. My uncle was to arrive on February 2, 2014 and start hunting the next day. If Todd failed to follow through a judgment would be awarded to my uncle for the cost of the original hunt plus attorney's fees and expenses.

On December 3, 2013 my uncle had not heard anything from Sonoran Outfitters about his upcoming Sheep Hunt so he sent Todd an e-mail. He explained that he needed to know the details of the hunt so he could purchase a plane ticket and make plans for the upcoming hunt. Todd responded right away saying he would get back to him in a couple of days with all of the details.

As of January 10, 2014 my uncle had not heard from him so he sent him another e-mail requesting the details of the hunt. He never got a response. He then began trying to reach him by phone but Todd never answered or returned any calls. So February 3rd came and passed without a single word from Sonoran Outfitters.

On the 4th of February my uncle’s attorney filed a Motion of Default against Todd Rice and Sonoran Outfitters in Coconino Superior Court requesting that a Judgment against Todd Rice and Sonoran Outfitters be completed.

Hopefully my uncle will be able to recover all of the money he has paid out to Todd along with all of the other fees and expenses, so that someday he can go on another Desert Sheep Hunt with a reputable outfitter and get his trophy he has dreamed about.

I’m spreading my uncle’s story as we don't want other hunters to fall victim to Todd Rice and Sonoran Outfitters.

Carl (Or Is It Patrick) Is a Liar:

As a frequent hunter with Sonoran Outfitters and Todd Rice, a person I consider a friend in the hunting world, I can assure you the gentleman posting this (Carl/Patrick) DID NOT go on a big horn sheep hunt with Sonoran Outfitters or Todd Rice as he has stated. What he is posting on the forums as well as YouTube, in this case is LIBEL and his posts on YouTube constitutes SLANDER. From IP addresses, etc. it also appears that Carl/Patrick has about 20 DIFFERENT NAMES including now Patrick, he posts under. It is amazing how many posts this individual makes under so many names, all with the same story.

Sonoran Outfitters, as well as almost every outfitter I have worked with and are am aware of, has a clause in his contract that says he can transfer a booked hunt to another outfitter if he is unable to provide the services at the time of the hunt. In this case, I know first hand that Carl/Patrick's big horn sheep hunt was not with Sonoran Outfitters or Todd Rice, it was transferred to another outfitter entirely. THIS IS A FACT Carl/Patrick is well aware of if any of his story is to be believed. I would think, if Carl/Patrick had been on a previous hunt with Todd (I have no idea either way), he would know who he was hunting with.

The only transgression I am aware of is that Sonoran Outfitters and Todd Rice tried to step in and help Carl/Patrick recover the cape and horns from the other outfitter as any reputable outfitter would, if a similar case occurred.

Long and short, every business has a dissatisfied customer or two, but the lengths Carl/Patrick has gone to, attacking Sonoran Outfitters and Todd Rice, using numerous different aliases, is immoral and illegal.

Carl/Patrick (as well as the sites posting his rants), I hope you take all of this into consideration before you attack my friend any further.

Anyone can feel free to email me at frankrpollard@gmail.com to discuss this further.

Regards,

Frank Pollard

I am curious as to why you quote my post about my uncle's story yet you do not address it at all in your post? What you quoted is fact and has been proven in court, no worry about libel or slander here! Another fact is that Todd Rice and Sonoran Outfitters has had multiple times and years to make it right and even after a court of law has ordered him to he hasn't done so. So the actual long and short of it as you say is that Todd Rice is a crook and not a reputable outfitter. My name is Phil Cramer and I only post under cramerhunts so if you'd like to discuss further feel free as I am not hiding behind any other name.

• Like 9

Wonder why Frank Pollard makes accounts on every website defending this outfitter. Maybe him and Todd Rice should post pictures of the bighorn kills in the field and then pictures of the same guys with the rams at their houses mounted. Based on the number of rams they claim to take they should be able to provide at least 10 of these pictures. Words are just words, pictures are a whole different thing. I would like to see the proof along with the tags. We should also be able to see pictures of the court documents. Something tells me I should trust Phil Cramer with 3169 posts over Frank Pollard 2 posts. Maybe I am wrong though. Was personally accused of creating an account once to advertise an outfitter that I went to school with.

• Like 2

Cramerhunts....I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle! I believe I met your Uncle at a Hunting Convention...Cause he had the same story!

Who is your friend that Guides For Sonora Dark Horn Adventures?

Cramerhunts....I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle! I believe I met your Uncle at a Hunting Convention...Cause he had the same story!

Who is your friend that Guides For Sonora Dark Horn Adventures?

Dave Brown is who I was referring to for Sonora Dark Horn.

Frank Pollard. I have a question for you and Todd. I've heard and read many stories that frankly make Todd look like a crook if you take their account at face value. If I were made aware of someone making these kind of accusations about my business I would address it at every opportunity to share my side of the story. I believe any honest ethical person would do the same. It simply does not add up that you never hear his side of the story. There is no possible way I would ask a friend of mine to defend me on a forum like this one, or anywhere. Unless I had something to hide. It's inconceivable that a reputable businessman in good standing with his clientele would allow "slander" or "libel" to continue in this way.

His reputation as a business owner is at stake. Certainly he can clear the air and explain what happened. Especially if he did nothing wrong. Can you not understand that anyone doing a simple google search would determine the guy has a lot of people pissed off at him? Why are they all pissed Frank?

• Like 2