Win264

SC Rez Malay Gap hunt help

I drew the second hunt last year as a tribal member. Honestly the rut doesn't really kick in till sept 5-7th. My step boy had the first hunt and didn't hunt till the 12th when it really was good. A lot of 280-330 class bulls. I did see couple 340-350 class bulls and the occasional big bull that isn't common. I never hunted up high on the far northeast side. I've hunted this unit 5 times and biggest bull being 380 archery. It's not a trophy unit so getting on a 320 or better is respectable. What worries me is this drought. When there is a drought year that's when we rely on genetics to carry over. Hopefully u will have a good hunt. Any additional info. You can Pm me.

I wanted thank all of you for the info you gave me, it has really helped and I'm really looking forward to Sept. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time off and get some boots on the ground scouting, again thank you very much! I hope your draws or plans are successful.

I'll keep you posted.

Mike

I think this was the first year they did a draw, it was 1st come 1st serve before, I think! I didn't see any draw odds, and there were only 5 non tribal member tags for the Sept 1-15 hunt. They may be available but you would need to contact the Rez.

I'm not going to to apply this year and probably not next year, if you go..... DIY!

pm if you are thinking about it

If it was me even in September I would take two spare tires, plenty of extra gas, and chains. When it rains as already stated that reservation mud is slicker than dog $hit. Very easy to cut a tire or get stuck.