We had some boys in town from Missouri for a predator calling trip. I asked them if they'd like to go after coyotes, fox, bobcat or a lion. Of course they said they'd like to get a lion while they were here (as if it's that easy). Then - one of them jokingly said "hey, let's get one of each". I said, that's a tall order in 2.5 days - let's get rolling pronto....

Well - we got 3 of the 4. Started out on day one with a coyote on the opening stand. A mix of coyote vocals and small prey distress closed the deal:

CoyoteUnit6AMartyRuckerandMarkHealy3-201

Picked up and hauled butt for a place to get a fox with thick fur and lots of red in the coat. Found the right one on day two:

GrayFoxUnit9JasonSkipper3-2014.jpg

Stayed in generally the same area and called the deep wooded cuts for a bobcat. As day 2 was coming to a close - bam - here he comes to a mix of young female coyote vocals, rodents, birds, a rabbits and - boom - down he goes:

BobcatUnit9MartyRucker3-2014.jpg

Evidently the half day we had left just wasn't enough time for me to get a mountain lion called up too. Oh well. It certainly wasn't for a lack of effort.

All were called with a Wildlife Technologies Might Atom 21 electronic call. All were shot with DPMS Compact Hunter rifles. It probably goes without saying - yes - those are items we stock at HEALY.

And, if you've never heard a Mighty Atom e-caller - do yourself a favor and come on in for a demo. Please bring your current caller with you for comparison's sake. It's time to hear what your predators have been missing.

was this like a guided deal?

No - just my friends from Missouri. Drove out for a family visit.

And of course hunting - there is always hunting.

was this like a guided deal?

No - just my friends from Missouri. Drove out for a family visit.

And of course hunting - there is always hunting.

doesn't happen be the Butlers?

No sir