Sign in to follow this  
Whitetail Buck Deer

Hunter education?

Age 9 I think is the minimum age, and I think you can go through it with a neice or nephew as long as the legal gaurdian signs.

I teach it. Age 9 for the class. Age 10 to hunt.

Yep. I just taught a class up here this weekend and went through with my daughter a year ago. 9 to take it, 10 to hunt, and you don't have to be the parent to take the class with the child. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, friend of the family are all ok...as long as the legal guardian has signed the waiver.

Contact the HE department at AGFD and get on their waiting list for classes in your area. Classes are posted on the HE portion of their website, too. You will get the waiver (for the Field Day) in class and that is what needs to be signed by the parent/legal guardian. When I took the class with my daughter, I took two youth friends of the family with me as well. Just needed their parents to sign the waiver for the Field Day.

For those young hunters ages 10+ who have fall big game tags and need an online Hunter Ed field day, I know that the Kingman Team is doing one on Sept. 27.

Chief Instructor Jim Rich will be in charge of this class. Call him at 928-444-3397 or by email at richhome@citlink.net to see about the availability of a spot for your young hunter!

Don Martin

Chief Instructor

Region III

AZ Hunter Education