Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Its going to be a long year!

The Cubs are bad on purpose. They are trying to rebuild their farm system with high draft picks, trading way their better players and are not spending any money on free agents at this time.. The D-backs were supposed to be good.

I knew what this thread was about before I even opened it. I'm a huge Dbacks fan, and have been since the beginning. I went to the 2001 game 7 and love the team. I was very upset that Towers and Gibson were not fired after the end of last season. If I were the owner, I'd be cleaning house. I don't care if it's April.

Towers became enamored with an over achieving 2011 squad and tried to get over the hump by signing experienced veterans. He has decimated our minor league talent (primarily our young pitching) and has set us back several years. Gibson and his staff need to go too. I know he likes to hunt, but that doesn't make him a good manager. They do a poor job of developing young pitchers (case in point: giving up on Tyler Skaggs and now the kid is throwing 92-96 with the Angels). The Trumbo trade was as dumb as it gets....

I'll stop for now. I could list my grievances all night.....

Wade Miley currently has a higher BA and Slugging % than Mr. Trumbo..... I doubt it will last all season, and Wade Miley can't hit bombs like Trumbo, but there is a point to the stat: You DONT trade good young pitching for sub-.230 hitters and hrs (TOWERS)

I'm hoping they can turn it around. Starting with sweeping the dodgers in this next series. Have faith people it can happen. I'm just trying to remain optimistic. Reality is sometimes your favorite team just sucks.