kennyazman

Which December tag?

21 is a great choice. Deer numbers are not high but there are some big bucks in the area. 6a seems like it has been struggling. I spent 18 days in the unit last year 6 of which were in the middle of december and I saw a total of 6 bucks and 10 deer and I was glassing hard. The country looks great but the deer densities are lowwwww!!!!!!! Not that it matters much but if you have 5 points you are only a few points away from being able to draw the best coues deer units in the state (23, 22, 33). In my opinion you should consider waiting if you do not draw this year.

Good Luck

Brian

• Like 1

there are little to no whitetails left in 21 - especially the late dec hunt--that's why it's been first choice for 30 plus yrs - lol

good luck on your draw - closer to home anyway

Don't get stuck following everyone else like a herd of buffalo into 22,23 and a couple more of the most commonly known units everyone else seems to know. 6b/8 has giant bucks in it, as do 35,24b,24A. Most people are willing to wait for the popular units, cause it's simply all they know. Why wait another 2 years to draw just to join the herd of buffalo. Your onto something with your thought process and you should stick with it. 6A has plenty of deer in it, but the lower third of 6A has seen a decrease in numbers in my opinion. Good luck on your choice. but waiting for the "herd" units is a mistake in my opinion. I would say going with an area that you know already should trump following everyone else into the most popular areas. Good luck on your choice.