Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

Burro mountain Bucks

Nice! Do you know anyone that drew? An old friends son who live in Tyrone is the only person I know that drew. He'll tag a good buck!

Nice shed. I grew up hunting the Burros and can't wait to draw a tag in there. I know there are several 130 class bucks in there.

What a freakin awesome shed!!! To bad it wasn't picked up 10 years ago, man that thing looks old. Looks to be around 60". YIKES!!

Josh

I never hunted in NM and many of my hunting partners did not draw a tag (any tag). We were thinking about OTC in NM.

How is the rest of 23 that is open to OTC? How about unit 16? Any info would be great.

Redman

The biggest difference is that we unit 23 and 16 have fewer Coues than most areas in AZ and they have a lot more trees. Glassing is still effective in some areas but for the most part, where our deer live it is thick. The good news is that if you aren't picky, Mule deer can be taken (if you can't find a Coues buck) untill next year when the bag limit will change to either/or. 23 probably has better Coues population than 16. Good luck.

Kevin