huntingchic87

Help Finding a Propane Fridge

this might be a stretch but does anyone know a place to find a Propane Fridge that needs no electricity? Looking for a new one for my cabin.

any help is appreciated!

Try Dynamx out of Chino Valley. They have a website as well.

Thanks! I will give them a try!! :)

Most propane suppliers either have them or can order them for you. I use Graves propane in Flagstaff and I believe they can order various sizes. I assume you either have a tank or rent one at your cabin so I'd call the propane supplier you use. The company that made them for many years was Servel. I think they are now part of Dometic who make them for RVs. As I'm writing that, I'm thinking you might try your local RV place too. Altho you dont want a propane RV fridge, they may be able to help you purchase the residential one.

A warning, they are somewhat expensive.

A warning, they are somewhat expensive.

Thanks! I checked out Dynamx and saw the prices, but we have no electricity there so propane is the only way to go! Looks like I will be saving some money up to get the hunting cabin ready for the fall!

I have had a lot of experience with propane refrigerators. When they work they are great but when they sit they tend to have problems. You probably know this but make sure your structure is well ventilated. You can easily die of carbon monoxide poisoning. I have seen it happen. By new or from an expert propane refrigerator shop with a warranty. Servels over 50yrs old still run but need someone who knows how to keep them running. Hope this helps

Thank Calhuon! ours is super old and burns alot more gas then the new "modern" ones. I want to replace it to be a bit safer while we are up there!!