Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

2005-2006 draft regulations

Deer will be draw hunts for rifle, no info on bow. The biggest suprise is they are going to spit whitetail from mule deer!

It looks like the recomendations are for all deer tags to be put on a draw including bow and muzzleloader. And yes they are proposing splitting mule deer from whitetail, giving a different draw in units 23, 24, and 27. I think it's great, except they're not proposing near enough tags in my opinion for Coues. But we'll see, I think this is just their first draft. It's available on their web site.

By making your OTC coues tags go to draw that is unconstitutional. I am going to sue the state for denying me my oppertunity to whack your much underused and underestimated resource of gorilla sized coues deer. :lol: Just kidding

Really, I think it is a good idea allthough a little restrictive, but mark my words, some of those units will be phenominal and start producing MONSTERS in 2007 for those lucky enough to draw one of the few coues tags. I know where I am putting in from now until I get drawn over there. And yes even with my elk and late coues tag here in AZ I will be over there again this year during rifle season looking for the toad I missed last year ...

Bret M.

Bullwidgeon,it looks like I will be going to new mex. also.but have never hunted out of state before,so I don't know were to start.like when and were do I get my tag and what is the cost. any Info would be Great.I tried to get on nm web site but it seems it is down. :o

Edited by Grey Hawk

I got my tag on the internet last year. They sell them in Reserve and Silver City though too. They are $196 and they have two different seasons both in the first half of November, a short 3 day one and a longer 5 day one. You need to scout if you want to find a coues deer, muleys seem to be everywhere though. Good luck.

Bret M