Sign in to follow this  
Countryboy22

Vortex Razor HD vs Swaro els 10x42

Hey guys im kicking around buying some new glass. I have always wanted to get the swaros but its just hard to spend that kind of cash and I have seen a few good deals on here and craigslist once in while, but just not quite ready to bite the bullet yet. I was wondering how the vortex razor hd's stand up against the swaros anyone have any experience with them?

I don't care for the vortex products.i got a pair of the 15 power binos when they came out.they were never close to the swaro binos I have now.

They are both extremely clear in the middle of the day, but when you set them up side x side on tripods the swaros have a noticeable difference. If you hand glass one weekend with swaros and the next week with the razors you wont notice much difference. The swaros I have are the older el model.

The other difference you may find out is the vortex has a great warranty. With swaros you most likely will never need to find out. I've owned 3 swaros for 12 years without an issue. I've owned 3 vortex pcs and tested the warranty on all 3 pcs including my razors.

Last difference is the lens coating. Seems the swaro coating is much less susceptible to minor scratches when cleaning.

Thanks for the replies looks to me I just need to save some coin and buy the swaros[/quote

Good call, you won't be disappointed.