Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Taliban leaders released from Gitmo

The Obama administration released from Gitmo five Taliban leaders in return for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had been held by the Taliban in Afghanistan since 2009. The five men released from U.S. custody have been called among the most dangerous at Gitmo.

Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Mike Rogers, is not happy with the release the five Gitmo detainees. The Michigan Republican is warning that the move will cost lives and lead to an increase in the taking of hostages:

We traded 5 Taliban leaders that killed many Americans for 1 POW.

I'm glad the American is home but what do you think is going to happen now? Taliban will be looking to take more hostages. And why did we trade 5 terrorist for 1 American?

This doesn't sit right with me at all. From what I understand the captured American soldier left a note saying he needed to find himself or some BS and left his command post wandering aimlessly in a Taliban hotbed... an obvious stupid move. Now because of his stupid and selfish actions we end up releasing 5 dangerous ragheads from Gitmo, which puts more soldiers in danger. Don't get me wrong.. I'm very happy the American soldier is home but upset with our idiotic pres/administration for making a stupid trade. Should've been 1 for 1. Especially considering the circumstances... the American soldier created the situation he was in. I understand they are under a lot of stress over there but you have to have accountability and to do what he did was ridiculous and he should be held accountable now. Again.. this is what I've learned someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Appeasement - very glad our boy is home, but it comes at a pretty high price. I hope there is a drone with each of the 5 released from Gitmo in it's crosshairs - ideally the first time they check in with their "higher ups".

• Like 1

We owe it to our soldiers to bring them home at any cost.if releasing 5 Taliban is all we could figure out to get our guy back, so be it.its not ideal, but if it was any of our family members being held hostage NOBODY would have a single complaint about how they got him back.

• Like 1

This guy is a deserter and piece of carp. The President sucks as well. While parading Bergdahl's parents on tv he spoke about leaving no man behind, yet we allow a former Marine to rot in a Mexican jail.

I'm with you Dustin on this one. I want every single one of our boys back here with their families.

F3F, I get what you are saying too. The facts out there are sketchy at best - I don't know if this guy deserted and ran, or was captured doing his duty.

I can only imagine what he has been through over 5 years held by some of the most brutal people walking the same ground, breathing the same air as you and I do, but lacking any humanity or compassion, I'm glad he's home, and as I stated before I hope all 5 of the released will find a hellfire missile at their "coming home" party.

• Like 1

Yeah coach I hope we get em too! And 43f, we don't know if this guys a deserter or a soldier who couldn't handle the stresses of combat and did something irrational. The latter happens every day with current or former soldiers... Regardless his life is worth the price paid to get him back

I served. My buddies still in at the time spent weeks looking for this guy. The story in country was that he walked off the base. Poor choice or desertion doesn't matter to me, they both equal a bad decision that led to Americans being subjected to greater danger while looking for him. Or those who may have been killed as a result of his bad decision. Either way, he should be held accountable for those choices by his chain of command.

Wow, should have expected this.......

Released soldiers father is a Taliban sympathizer.

https://twitter.com/JoanOfArc1909/status/472920180842958848/photo/1

Father has also linked several articles from taliban supporting websites.

And notice the "ameem"? that is not a typo. That is how the Muslims say Amen.

I'm with you Dustin on this one. I want every single one of our boys back here with their families.

F3F, I get what you are saying too. The facts out there are sketchy at best - I don't know if this guy deserted and ran, or was captured doing his duty.

I can only imagine what he has been through over 5 years held by some of the most brutal people walking the same ground, breathing the same air as you and I do, but lacking any humanity or compassion, I'm glad he's home, and as I stated before I hope all 5 of the released will find a hellfire missile at their "coming home" party.

Maybe he was thinking.....America SUCKS.

http://soopermexican.com/2014/06/01/american-soldier-who-served-with-bowe-bergdahl-casts-doubt-on-official-story-fears-reprisal-from-obama-administration/

Soldier who served with the released soldier says is not just a deserter, but a traitor.

He bought an AK-47 to "train" on shortly before disappearing.

Mentioned that his deployment was lame he would "get lost" in the mountains.

Shipped all his stuff home mid-deployment.

Asked several people what would happen if his 9MM and nightvision would "get lost"

Was constantly studying the language that the local taliban spoke.

Was constantly asking locals about terrain and travel routes.

During the search, the locals said an American was wandering around town asking for water and to talk to the taliban.

DB, What are you doing up at 3:00 a.m? :lol:

I've been sick for the last week or so. Sleep is messed up.

Guest oneshot

This story didnt pass the smell-test when it first broke... American serviceman being held for years by the talban???... Now released in trade for 5 terrs??? Father is wanting release of ALL Gitmo prisoners and threatening America???

Appeasement of the worst kind by DBO and his pack...

Sincere hopes they get whats deserved, from DBO-to father-to-son...traitors all...

post-1378-0-32652700-1401628088_thumb.jpg

post-1378-0-25705100-1401628104_thumb.jpg

Bergdahl= death by firing squad. A true piece of shyt traitor, taliban wannabe, and got dozens of soldiers killed who were ordered to go look for him. I dont give a rats butt about his family members or their feelings.