Sign in to follow this  
Bab

Hogs - There Goes the Neighborhood

A lot of misplaced Texans here.

Fulch my brother lives in corpus if you would like to go red fishing I can call him to get you guys to meet up at craw daddy's some day.my nephew and his wife are on there way here with a ice chest full of reds and snapper.

Let me know .

Mark

125COUES

Sounds better than spending money in friendly Old Mexico. We used to fish the speckled trout under the bridge going to Galveston. Sold my bow, boat and Blazer before moving home to AZ and didn't get to hunt a single hog; what was I thinkin'?

Got a new plan... I'm gonna snare them. There are several feral swine holding facilities in the area that will purchase a live hog over 100lbs for $.30 to $.50 per pound. Standby, this should be interesting.

Just trying to figure out how to keep the deer aware from my snares.

Bab

Got a new plan... I'm gonna snare them. There are several feral swine holding facilities in the area that will purchase a live hog over 100lbs for $.30 to $.50 per pound. Standby, this should be interesting.

Just trying to figure out how to keep the deer aware from my snares.

Bab

You can't legally set up a typical wire snare in AZ. Oh, I see you're in TX.

maybe im wrong but i dont think there would be a wild hog problem if people really tried to get rid of them. i think its because they can make money from hunting them they are still around. thats cool with me but not a problem IMO (except for the people who just want them gone because of damage and dont care about hunting or selling hunts). i dont know thats just the way i see it from here. BTW i would love to get me one someday. i bet they taste great.

here are some faq and statistics

http://feralhogs.tamu.edu/frequently-asked-questions-wild-pigs/

James

That was very interesting reading and well worth the time for some pig education.

• Like 1