Sign in to follow this  
Guest alyuaz

Unit 30A

Guest alyuaz

I got drawn for a November hunt in unit 30A and since I've never hunted this unit any information you guys might be able to share will be much appreciated.Thanks.

If I had this area, I would hunt the national forest land which is anything south of Tex Canyon Road. Halfmoon valley is pretty cool and can be accessed from Hwy 80. The "J bar A" ranch may not let you through from the west side. You can even get to this area from tex canyon rd. Get a BLM map and the Douglas Ranger District map of the area and maybe some 7.5 topos. The Chirachaua Wilderness map is a nice map of the area but it only shows a small part of the area.

Guest Guest

You might want to try the east side of the Dos Cabezas. There is access to a ranch off of the highway south of Benson. Be prepared to hike in a couple of miles. Another spot is down in the southeast corner of the unit in Skeleton Canyon. The only problem here is the quantity of hunters. Good luck.

Thanks. I will deffinetly invest in a few topos. And I might go check out the Dos Cabezas one of these days. It sounds like there is not many places to pick from because everything is private. Is the East side of the Dos Cabezas the only public side?