Sign in to follow this  
Heat

WTB 7mm-08

The Mrs knows a nice gun when she sees one. Savage Axis and Ruger American didn't pass muster.

If you can find a Tikka in town I would be happy to swing buy and purchase it for you. I live in the Valley, so if Sportsman's gets a shipment before the sale ends maybe I could be of some help.

Thats a very kind and generous gesture Flatlander, unfortunately the sale is over. I am very thankful for everyone who tried to help. Wasn't meant to be I guess. Keeping my eye out for used ones now.

Thats a very kind and generous gesture Flatlander, unfortunately the sale is over. I am very thankful for everyone who tried to help. Wasn't meant to be I guess. Keeping my eye out for used ones now.

I have watched for used 7~08's for roughly 2 years and have seen all of 3 and 1 happened to belong to the guy who bought my english red label so i was happy to go give him 1/2 his $ back.. like your tikka sorrow about 2 yrs ago cabela's had bunch of savage axis (no scope) in backroom not even on floor for $199, i said no and have kickedmyself since.. i know your mrs said they failed inspection but the axis will SHOOOOOOT! most that i know do put different stock on them. good luck!

Just a fyi.... the model 70 243 wssm i have feles just like a tikka so maybe watch for one of those in 7-08 and see what she thinks. small + compact and in m.h.o. has nice bolt.