Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

How big is this bear??

Went out today to set up some cameras and came across some very fresh bear track! So of course i put the camera on it and will hopefully catch him on my camera! Is this a big bear? Also will a bear still be in the same area come august? Or will he have moved on by then?? This is in 35B

post-11647-0-11748600-1402985463_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-45355500-1402985592_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-62230000-1402985729_thumb.jpg

I know nothing about bear but the first thing I would have done is put something on the ground next to it for comparison. Maybe a bic lighter for scale. That ways people with experience have a reference. Pictures can be very deceiving

• Like 1

Anytime I have found a bear near water in the summer, it pretty much stuck around. I'd say chances are good you found his home. Especially on a year this dry.

Is there much more water around?

Only one way to find out assassin ;)

Yup now I will be going back down next week and check my camera and measure the size :)

Anytime I have found a bear near water in the summer, it pretty much stuck around. I'd say chances are good you found his home. Especially on a year this dry.

Is there much more water around?

The only other water source I know of based on my scouting is 6-7miles away. Not sure how big there home range is but I sure hope he does stay on this water!!